Announcing an exciting opportunity to explore many of the highlights of this most photogenic of Indian States, brimming with exotic tropical colour and visual surprises. Join our compact group of photo enthusiasts in March 2017 for workshops, photo-shoots and inspiring photo chat as we explore a variety of cultural and scenic wonders.
- The picturesque and emblematic Chinese fishing nets of Fort Cochin, Kerala’s bustling colonial port city
- A private showing and photo-shoot of the enchanting Kathakali traditional dance
- Visits to the Kadar, Malayar, Muthuvar and Mannaan tribal villages
- Hiking in the spectacular tea plantations of the upland Munnar hill station area
- A backwaters overnight voyage on a traditional wooden Kettuvallam boat
- A visit to the colourful backwaters town of Kottayam
The ten-day tour has been planned in expert cooperation with the highly experienced UK-based adventure travel operator Intrepid. The itinerary is devised with special attention to the best photo opportunities and with time available for informal workshops, comparing notes and discussion. A local travel guide accompanies us, while Yours Truly, an award-winning English travel photographer and writer who has visited Kerala on several occasions and traveled extensively throughout India, supervises the photography. I’ve earned a few prizes for my work, including British Guild of Travel Writers’ Photographer of the Year in both 2012 and 2015.
I will advise about the kind of camera gear that will be useful to have with you on the tour and I am available before and during the tour to discuss other photography-related aspects of the tour. My eBook, Motion Pictures – a travel photographer’s companion, is packed full of tips and anecdotes about his travels and photography experiences and is available for purchase through Amazon, Kobo, and for Apple iPads from iTunes. Tour participants will be offered a free PDF download of the eBook.
Accommodation will be in a range of exciting hotels of four-star standard, a secluded rainforest resort and on board a fabulous wooden Kettuvallam backwaters boat.
To get you in the mood, here are six photos from Kerala, giving you a taste of what to expect and the photographic riches on offer.