There are still places available on all three of my summer photo workshops on Suomenlinna, Helsinki’s fabulous Baltic sea fortress, the top highlight of Finland’s capital. Workshops are on July 8, July 29 and August 19.
Contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org !
Spend a summer day exploring the limitless visual attractions of Suomenlinna, discovering new views and comparing notes with fellow photo enthusiasts of this beautiful UNESCO World Heritage-listed destination. I’ll be your English-language workshop tutor, not least as photographer and author of “Suomenlinna – Islands of Light” (Docendo 2017), a celebration in photographs and encounters with some of the islands’ most colourful residents.
The emphasis will be on creativity and ways of seeing rather than technical issues, so this is not a “how to use your camera” course, although we’ll discuss and compare techniques where appropriate. Enthusiasm is more important than your knowledge of photography!
Choose a date that suits you best from three separate workshops:
- July 8 from 10 to 17
- July 29 from 10 to 17
- August 19 from 10 to 17
Workshop fee of €165 includes:
- Tutoring, assignments and experienced advice in a compact group (maximum 8-10 per group, 7.5 hours)
- With the group, use of a secure and cosy meeting room with all facilities in one of Suomenlinna’s historic buildings
- Coffee/tea and fresh Finnish pulla
- Buffet lunch at Suomenlinna’s Chapman restaurant
- A signed copy of my book “Suomenlinna – Islands of Light” (Helsinki retail price €35-39)
- Entry to the museum at Suomenlinna Centre to view my exhibition “Islands of Light”
Fee does not include:
- City ferry transport to and from the island (9.20 a.m. departure from Helsinki Market Square)
- Meals and refreshments not included above
- a camera (preferably a digital DSLR, although point-and-shooters are also welcome, with a formatted memory card)
- enthusiasm, open eyes and a sense of adventure!
- Suitable clothing for the weather (wind and waterproof clothes, protection from sun, good shoes)
- Suomenlinna’s streets are often cobbled and other surfaces are rocky and uneven, so do bear this in mind
How to guarantee your place at the workshop
- be quick and confirm your place by replying to email@example.com
- Please include your name, phone number, e-mail address, special diets and information about your experience of and aspirations for your photography